Gray is the new blonde! The so-called "granny look", which was so popular last year, is still enjoying great popularity among women. However, any lady who wants to have their hair dyed gray should know some important things, as this is usually a complicated process that costs a lot of time and patience. What you should pay attention to, if you decide on this extraordinary hair color and how to properly care for your gray hair, we will inform you now.
Hair gray: the trend
Earlier, the gray hairs became associated with age and the women tried to hide them. Nowadays, they are considered one of the hottest hair color trends for 2017. This modern color emphasizes the face and stands for many women, as it can be adapted to the skin's own tone. And that's not all - regardless of your own hair structure and length, he is a real eye-catcher, which ensures many jealous glances. Stars like Rihanna, Pink, Lady Gaga, Kylie Jenner, Zosia Mamet, Kate Moss and others. have already tried this cool hair color and maybe you'll agree with us that they look really phenomenal! If you fancy change and want to experiment with different colors and nuances, then the gray hair color is a great alternative for you. Very important here is that your hair is well-groomed and healthy. For example, if you wash your hair with shampoo every day or regularly use a straightener, curling iron and hair dryer, then the gray hair color may not be the best choice for you.
Dyeing hair gray: prepare hair for coloring
To make the hair gray, they should first be lightened, which can damage them. Here are some important tips that will help protect your hair from possible damage:
- Do not dye your hair for at least 2 months to prevent too much damage to your hair ends.
- Use silicone-free shampoos and protein cures to repair and moisturize strained hair.
- Let your hair cut one to two weeks before coloring.
- Find the color that best suits your skin. For women with a warmer skin tone, the darker silver shades are better, while for women with a cooler skin tone, the lighter shades of gray are perfect.
- Try the new hair color - try on some wigs or use gray hair spray to see how gray hair will look like.
The color process
The popular "Granny Look" is not easy to achieve in most cases. Any woman who wants to have their hair dyed gray should have time and patience first, especially if their hair is dark. To achieve the desired effect, the hair should be as light as possible, so they are first bleached. This is an aggressive procedure in which the color pigments are removed from the hair. Lightening damages the hair and dries it out, so make sure that you are really ready for this step. So that the yellow undertones are removed after bleaching, the hair is usually lightened again next. Only then is the gray color applied to the hair.
Coloring your hair is not easy. So that there are no bad surprises, we recommend that you do not dye your hair yourself but go to a professional hairdresser.
Care tips for gray hair
Of course, you should care for them properly so that the gray hair color lasts long and your hair looks beautiful. The hairstylists advise:
- Brightening dries hair, so you often need to apply hair masks to moisturize. This is very important for your hair to be shiny and healthy.
- Gray hair may turn yellowish over time. For this reason, you should special products such as silver shampoos u.a. to keep the color you want longer.
- If your hair is growing fast, decide if you want to brush up on your hair color.
- Have your hair cut regularly so that it does not become brittle.
Make-up for gray hair
You have already dyed your hair gray and you do not know how to make-up suitable? Here's some valuable advice: Because the gray hairs make the skin look pale, avoid the pastel shades and nude shades, and bet on fresh colors like pink, red, and peach that really make your face shine. Carefully apply shimmering products like Highlighter u. a. and if your eyebrows are light, accentuate them with eyebrow pencil or eyebrow powder.
The gray hair is a real eye-catcher!
Cool pony hairstyle in Ombre look
Silver hair with purple nuances
The stars love the "Granny Look"
No matter if your hair is smooth or curly - the gray hair color will look adorable!
Do not the gray hair look really magical?
Blonde hair with gray nuances
Dark gray with blue nuances
Dreamlook in dark gray
Silver hair with black neck
Dark gray hair with blue strands
Brown hair combined with gray tips
Blonde hair with a brown neck and gray tips